On the corner of Moreland and Glenwood avenue, sits a Church named First Iconium Baptist Church. This church is locally and nationally known as the “Servant Church.” First Iconium has nearly 1500 members, six choirs, many ministries to serve the congregation and community, an internationally respected pastor, and an unwavering love of the Lord, Jesus Christ.
On February 12, 1984, three strong, God fearing leaders: Deacon James Gresham, Deacon Robert Jackson, and Deacon Eugene Surry, with just 35 members, started First Iconium Baptist Church. The first six months of gathering together were held in the Mail Handlers Union Hall in historic West-End. There is where the Lord blessed us with a young, dynamic pastor, the Rev. Timothy McDonald III.